Tuesday, July 29, 2008

XI: Happiness





The top image of the dress is a macro (you get the feeling I love macro photography?) of what is called slag glass (is that one 'g' or two?). Slag glass is the glass at the bottom of these huge vats at glass factories. Kinda like scraping crystalized sugar from the bottom of a pot and it comes off in big chunks. There is this art gallery north of Dixon on the way to Taos that has a whole table full of this glass outside (yes, it's for sale). For the life of me, I cannot remember thier name. Rip something. Anyway, so I went crazy with these glass models (it was one of those "stop the car I see slag glass!" moments. Very few people can relate to this level of obsession. I think many would be frightened of it.
The second image is a close up of pink bougenvilla flowers in my dad's yard in Ho'olehua, Moloka'i.

No comments: