Monday, July 21, 2008

Guess What Arrived!

Today there came a ring of the door bell and low and behold UPS delivered the printed piece. I was a bit shocked as I was expecting it on Thursday. So now I must run down to the hardware store and get some wood to make the frame and some hinges so it can fold up and be transported.

On to the quality of the print. I thought I had requested it be printed on a matte surface but with all the printers I had asked this the one I need too I did not. So it has a bit to much glare. Bummer. The vinyl is a nice heavy weight with black backing, so that should help prevent light shining through it.

First off it is a bit overwhelming at that size. As I started to look it over I quickly realized that certain elements are very difficult to make out. The print is a bit darker in some areas than I would like and a bit fuzzy in areas I needed it crisp. This is probably due to the resolution these banners are printed at. It looks good, but I think if I had the money I would print on canvas.

I am very impressed at the turn around time of the printers and the knowledge they have. Echod Graphics based in New York.

Now off to framing.

2 comments:

Laurie said...

Cool! Glad you got it back so soon and can finish it up -- that'll be a relief, I'm sure. I know it will be for me when I finally get mine ready to go.

Could you get a matte acrylic spray and bring down the gloss on the surface of the print or would that be too risky?

Leau said...

woo hoo on with the show!