Thursday, July 10, 2008

Printing Problems

Here I was going to post a nice explanation of the art piece, but now I am scrambling to find a printer that will print 100" x 100" cmyk.

The printer that I had secured, and at a great price, will not print the piece due to the nature of the content. I was on the phone for at least 30 minutes explaining away all the different elements of the work. They re-convened to discuss whether or not they would print it based on my detailed explanation. Sadly, I was emailed that they would not. I respect their decision and the values they hold on what their company prints. In an odd way it is kinda nice to know that there are still companies out there that have values and they do not place money before them.

The printing company referred me to a few other printers and they were almost 3x as much, which puts printing out of my budget.

So if any of you know of any large format printers that can print cmyk at 100" x 100" please send me an email at micro590@hotmail.com.

Thank you,

Dan.

1 comment:

Raine K said...

Dude, that sucks - you're being very magnanimous about it. I just forwarded Mark at Twin Tip a possible company for you.