Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Components



You are looking at components of my 8 x 8 x 8 project. I like these ladybugs and growing up, we were told that they were good luck (especially if they landed on you).


And, I attempted to make my own hangers (miniature ones). This is prototype numero tres. Ugh! It wasn't working for me and by this time, I am a bit frustrated.


So, I resorted to doing this. A "no brainer" as they say. I don't know why I fought this approach to begin with because it worked oh-so-well. The ones I ended up using were pre-made. They were just the right size and I was using them as a "model". So much for that, huh?



So, now I have eight of them. All components are in place and ready for the final segment of putting it all together. Ah! But I haven't revealed what they are going to go on and how. That will come in a future posting, so be patient, Grasshopper!


In the meantime, at the end of April, I had to seek out a new venue to exhibit this show at. Not an easy feat being only a few months from our opening date. Which HAS to be on August 8th since it is the whole premise of it all.


As luck (or FORTUNE) would have it, I did secure a rather nice venue! It was formerly known as DCAC (Downtown Contemporary Art Center) but is now called 105 Studios. Oddly enough, this was the venue I had first approached last September for this show, but because of a business transition it was going through, they were not booking for 2008. I think it is quite serendipidous that I ended up with what I had first sought out. Somewhere in it all is a life lesson about letting go and trusting the Universe to take care of you.


Boy, do I feel lucky!








1 comment:

Laurie said...

I love the ladybugs! I have been planning to use them in one of my pieces as well but hadn't gotten there yet -- glad to find out that you're using them so I won't go there. It kind of would've been like showing up at the same party wearing the same dress. :)

Can't wait to see what's happening with those dresses!